18/03/2008

Tibetans are crying out to the world

After decades of repression under Chinese rule, the Tibetan people's frustrations have burst onto the streets in protests and riots. With the spotlight of the upcoming Olympic Games now on China, Tibetans are crying out to the world for change.
The Chinese government has said that the protesters who have not yet surrendered 'will be punished'. Its leaders are right now considering a crucial choice between escalating brutality or dialogue that could determine the future of Tibet, and China.
We can affect this historic choice--China does care about its international reputation.
China's President Hu Jintao needs to hear that the 'Made in China' brand and the upcoming Olympics in Beijing can succeed only if he makes the right choice. But it will take an avalanche of global people power to get his attention--and we need it in the next 48 hours.
The Tibetan Nobel peace prize winner and spiritual leader, the Dalai Lama has called for restraint and dialogue: he needs the world's people to support him. Click below now to sign the petition--and tell absolutely everyone you can right away--our goal is 1 million voices united for Tibet:
http://www.avaaz.org/en/tibet_end_the_violence/6.php

8 comments:

  1. I signed immidiately!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Anonymous12:19 pm

    Me too :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Signed and forwarded.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Anonymous6:47 am

    Thanks for posting your comments at my blog : http://urbanyogi.wordpress.com/
    You have a wonderful blog here. I just signed the petition for Tibet.
    Looking back, I am amazed to see how the events are unfolding towards 2012, since Tibet is so central to the coming ascension (see my 2012 videos accessible from my site). Stay tuned.
    Peace.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Anonymous12:28 am

    Hey thanks for the great blog, I love this stuff. I know Earth Day has already passed us by, but with everyone going green these days, I thought I’d try to do my part.

    I am trying to find easy, simple things I can do to help stop global warming (I don’t plan on buying a hybrid). Has anyone seen that EarthLab.com is promoting their Earth Day (month) challenge, with the goal to get 1 million people to take their carbon footprint test in April?... I took the test, it was easy and only took me about 2 minutes and I am planning on lowering my score with some of their tips.

    I am looking for more easy fun stuff to do. If you know of any other sites worth my time let me know.

    ReplyDelete