06/09/2006

Presence in all things present

As I entered the tent I felt her presence in all things present, in every object and thing, the very air I breathed seemed to know of her. Several oil lamps and candles lit up the interior which was very cozy, thick rugs and cushions lay sprawled around, incense so sweet curled up into the air and from the ceiling hung silver stars and crystals. She was sitting in the lotus and smiled warmly as I entered, her gaze filled me with fear that raged for split seconds and then softly ebbed away, replaced by a pure sense of vitality and destiny and above all inner peace. In the seconds that our eyes met and locked I beheld the galaxy in them and millions of stars. Everything a man can know or will ever know was there deep in her eyes, my own limitations were laid bare before me and I had to acknowledge them. Then it was gone and there was nothing, nothing except her sitting in this tent in the present moment and me standing there before her.

No comments:

Post a Comment