24/04/2007

Nature Mysticism

There came to me a delicate, but at the same time a deep, strong and sensuous enjoyment of the beautiful green earth, the beautiful sky and sun; I felt them, they gave me inexpressible delight, as if they embraced and poured out their love upon me. It was I who loved them, for my heart was broader than the earth; it is broader now than even then, more thirsty and desirous. After the sensuous enjoyment always come the thought, the desire: That I might be like this; that I might have the inner meaning of the sun, the light, the earth, the trees and grass, translated into some growth of excellence in myself, both of the body and of mind; greater perfection of physique, greater perfection of mind and soul; that I might be higher in myself.
Richard Geffories (1848-1887)

2 comments:

  1. sigh....your posts make me nostalgic for shrooms.

    ReplyDelete
  2. MM, glad yur feeling it.
    I knew you were my kind of person.
    I would like to shroom with ya sometime, pity there's an ocean between us...sigh

    ReplyDelete