02/08/2006

A highly recommended practise

Meditation by Justin Case
Although I had no lights on, I could see a little and I noticed that when I moved my arms I could see a billowy mist-like cloud of greenish to yellowish gaseous light surrounding and trailing off from my body. I took this to be a hallucination or maybe (just maybe) as actual Chi energy. I notice that I could 'play' with this energy i.e. I could move my arm in such a way as to let a blob of this stuff float away from that arm's 'aura' and re-absorb it with the 'aura' of my other arm. I had no concept of an 'aura' at the time, but I am using this term now in retrospect in order to better describe this effect.
By about the third week or so I was beginning to laugh spontaneously about an hour or so into the practice. I also cried a lot. They were not the sort of tears one gets when one yawns, but flowing tears like those one gets when one is very sad, but these tears were not accompanied by any negative emotion at all. They just flowed. The laughter was not caused by any humorous thoughts, but was accompanied by a non-specific feeling of intense joy and comedy. I had run through so many thoughts and imagined scenarios that I had run out and went through extended periods of non-thinking. That is when it began...
At this stage a very wide and deep sensation of calmness and bliss began to open like a flower opens to the sun. This was a very profound and indescribable experience, yet I could tell that it was merely a beginning of something I was not even able to yet imagine. I cannot stress how much I recommend the reader to pursue this experience.
Read more: http://www.erowid.org/experiences

No comments:

Post a Comment