15/03/2007

Bring out the faith in me

I sometimes find it hard to express myself and I find this quite frustrating. I sometimes think that people have the same perception as me and the same view on things. Obviously this is madness (hence my out-of-control mad states) because everyone has their own individual insight and that is an amazing thing.
I have a strange perception (personality INFJ) often clairvoyant, this can be rather freaky at times, I am also pretty introverted and this results in frustration at others not being on the same frequency, this can also result in me being rather demanding of others. I have to be very carefull what I share with others and be responsible with my mindstate.
Although there are many people very close to me that have no idea what's going on inside me and if I told them would only be worse off, I cannot ignore the fact that I have been blessed with a group of fantastic people. I have some quality friends, they are all kind of crazy, but I know that they care about me. They keep me alive while I'm dealing with my issues and healing my hurts and they are often the ones that bring out the faith in me. This post is for them. Peace.
Here's Osho:
Choose for thy friend, the friend of virtue; yield to his gentle counsels, profit by his life, and for a trifling grievance never leave him.…
Friendship has also disappeared from the world. What you call friendship has nothing to do with the ancient idea of friendship. Your friendship is just accidental. You work in the same office, so you have become friendly. Or you study in the same college, so you become friendly. This is not real friendship.
Pythagoras says: Choose for thy friend . You cannot choose your father, you cannot choose your mother, you cannot choose your family -- but you can choose your friend. You can choose your woman, you can choose your man -- that too is an extension of friendship.
Choose for thy friend, the friend of virtue….
...One who has some grace, who has some flowering, who has some quality around him, who has an energy field of virtue. By "virtue" is not meant the righteous, no. Not the holier-than-thou, no. By "virtue" is meant one in whose company you suddenly start feeling a tremendous well-being; in whose company, in whose vibe, something starts dancing in you; whose presence helps you to soar high.
Choose a friend, and then ultimately you will be able to choose a Master -- because the Master is the ultimate friend. If you cannot choose friends you will not be able to choose the Master either. Choose good friends, and then one day you will be able to choose the ultimate friend. Yield to his gentle counsels, profit by his life….
And when you choose a friend, listen to his counsels. He will not enforce them -- they will be gentle whisperings. He will not be very loud. He will not argue, he will not command -- he will only suggest, he will only hint, he will only indicate. And that is the case with the ultimate friend, the Master.
Buddha says: buddhas only point the way. They don't make it very loud because they don't want to be violent. They don't want to drag you according to themselves; they have no desire to dominate you. They simply express whatsoever they have known and understood -- now it is up to you to follow or not to follow.
And learn from his life, be profited by his life -- not only his words, but see the way the friend lives. See his actual life and watch it. This is the only way to learn in life. People are scriptures -- you have to learn how to read the language. People are great secrets, each person is carrying a great secret. If you know how to listen to it you will be tremendously benefited.
Osho, Philosophia Perennis, Volume 1, Number 1

2 comments:

  1. beautiful post leading up to 2 fantastic last alinea's that are very insightful to me!

    ReplyDelete
  2. So true, great post. A true friend is hard to find. All those superficial friendships just slowly bring you down.

    ReplyDelete