24/05/2008

The Tower

Here I am emerged from this time of shifting earth; I do not claim it is over yet, the splitting, shaking and resettling.
I would have thought you gone from my thoughts. I reckoned on your disappearance from my heart. Still you are there,
You look at me now with those same sort eyes, holding a torment of love and an earthquake of longing.
Do you not see that my tower has crumbled?
For many years I hid inside its mighty walls, conducted lightning bolts into the earth and I glanced down scornfully at those who would rightfully judge me, including you.
I was pretending to be invincible, hiding behind smokescreens like only a magician can. I was in delusion but I have been crumbled, now in all things…humbled.
I expected no attention from you in the wreckage and debris; I thought you lost in the chaos. Still you are there and love is returned to me.
I cannot believe I am laughing, thinking myself to be depressed.
I surrender now to more tremors if they may come, expecting nothing, rejoicing in my newest deliverance.
Naked am I in simplicity and here I stand face to face with you (again).

No comments:

Post a Comment