24/04/2007

Getting caught up in the paradox

The duality of this life just gets more and more intriguing now I choose not to fight it or get too caught up in it. It’s really, really hard to not get caught up and I sometimes feel that it’s better to get caught up in order to maybe change something.
Getting caught up in vicious verbal discussions and heated debates means a descent into the realms of those blinded by illusion and ego struggles, I choose unity.
It’s hard to stay centered in the heart and not move to the mind. All around me the paradoxes and duality flame up. Truth is in the paradox, in the eye of the storm.
There are those close to me that see war as a necessary evil, that think the Bush administration is doing a good thing, that take sides with Israel against Palestine, that have hate and trust issues with minority groups, they justify the use of guns and are racist. They are so close to me that it hurts.
I will not be the one to poke sticks in ant’s nests; I will not feed the fire. Sometimes it’s best to leave people with their cherished illusions; I am someone that stands by his principles. I prefer not to have anything to do with those that base their principles on fear and ignorance but I must. I have to interact with these people, I love them, and they are very close to me. I am in this situation, I am the opposing force, and there must be a reason for this. It is frustrating and sad but I am here, I have put myself in this position and this is my place to shine.
I am just as much part of the paradox and who am I to judge?
This does not mean that I move from my principles or justify the actions of others. Being close to someone does not mean that I have to get all soft and open to their mind state. Peaceful resistance and a non-judgmental heart based foundation are crucial. It starts with the calm and light in me, the inner tends to become the outer. We reach understanding of true love through our negative actions, which is what the duality is there for, we feed it, we nurture it, and it is our school in this age of ethics.
Without darkness there would be no experience of light and so we slowly reach understanding and truth.

4 comments:

  1. It's all experience in the free will galaxies, polarity is part of the journey home,

    thanks for stopping by my awakened friend,

    Best wishes to you

    ReplyDelete
  2. We can't force out beliefs and views on others, just respect them, set a good example and hope they see the light. Spot on post.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Anonymous11:55 am

    very interesting post
    (thinking of u)

    satirikon

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thankyou friends for the positive feedback.

    (thinking of u 2 Satirikon)

    ReplyDelete