11/05/2007

Priestbird - In Your Time

Priestbird - In Your Time
Listen: http://3voor12.vpro.nl/speler/luisterpaal/34620460
This is another random album I started listening to. I started off enjoying the (psychedelic) rock but really started paying attention once the third track "Guest Room" started. The piano is melancholy and ghostly but enchanting at the same time and that is not the only track that has a kind of old-fashioned echo feel to it.
"In Your Time" is another example of this sound: chamber music of cello and organ and haunting vocals. The sound of Priestbird is genius, I really like the way they have used different instruments for fragile melodies and yet not been afraid to get out the guitars and rock.

1 comment:

  1. I checked it out. A little dark for my tastes, but it was alright.

    ReplyDelete